The 20th International Colloquium on Structural Information and Communication Complexity (SIROCCO 2013) is going to take place in Ischia, Italy on July 1-3, 2013.
Submissions are invited and the deadline is April 21, 2013.
SIROCCO is devoted to the study of communication and knowledge in multi-processor systems from both the qualitative and quantitative viewpoints. Special emphasis is given to innovative approaches and fundamental understanding, in addition to efforts to optimize current designs. SIROCCO has a tradition of interesting and productive scientific meetings in a relaxed and pleasant atmosphere, attracting leading researchers in a variety of fields in which communication and knowledge play a significant role. This year, SIROCCO is held in Ischia, a beautiful island in Italy, not far from Napoli.
Original papers are solicited from all areas of study of local structural knowledge and global communication and computational complexities. Among the typical areas are distributed computing, communication networks, game theory, parallel computing, social networks, mobile computing (including autonomous robots), peer to peer systems, communication complexity, fault tolerant graph theories, and randomized/probabilistic issues in networks. Keeping up with the tradition of SIROCCO, new areas are always welcome.
The Prize for Innovation in Distributed Computing is awarded annually in the SIROCCO conference to recognize individuals whose research contributions had a major impact on the understanding of the relationships between information and efficiency in decentralized computing. The contribution (or a related contribution) should have been either made or demonstrated, by the author in a paper that appeared in SIROCCO in the past. Moreover, the author should have made the contribution in at least one paper that appeared (in either a scientific journal or the proceedings of a scientific conference) at least 5 years ago. More details are available in the SIROCCO 2013 web site.
BEST STUDENT PAPER
A Best Student Paper Award will be awarded to a paper coauthored by one or more full-time students at the time of submission. The program committee may decline to make this awards or split it.
Papers are to be submitted electronically (through EasyChair). Submission instructions and guidelines are available at the conference web page. Authors are invited to submit their work in one of the three acceptable formats: novel research contributions, position papers, and surveys. Original research papers must contain results that have not previously appeared and have not been concurrently submitted to a journal or conference with published proceedings. In all cases, any martial overlap with any published or concurrently submitted paper must be clearly indicated. Submissions are limited to 12 single-column pages on letter/A4-size paper (using at least 11 point font, 1 inch margins, standard line spacing). This includes figures, but excludes references and an optional appendix (to be read at the program committee’s discretion).
As in previous years, the proceedings of SIROCCO 2013 are planned to be published by Springer-Verlag as a volume of the LNCS series. Selected papers are planned to be invited to a special issue of the journal Theoretical Computer Science.
- Paper submission due: April 21, 2013
- Notification of acceptance: May 22, 2013
- Conference dates: July 1?3, 2013
- Ittai Abraham MSR Silicon Valley
- Chen Avin Ben Gurion University
- Keren Censor-Hiller MIT
- Wei Chen MSR Asia
- Ajoy Datta University of Nevada
- Gabriele di Stefano University of L’Aquila
- Yuval Emek ETH Zurich
- Qiang-Sheng Hua Tsinghua University
- David Ilcinkas Universit?e Bordeaux
- Toshimitsu Masuzawa Osaka University
- Friedhelm Meyer auf der Heide Paderborn
- Thomas Moscibroda (Chair) MSR Asia
- Calvin Newport Georgetown University
- Adele Rescigno Università di Salerno
- Nicola Santoro Carleton University
- Ulrich Schmid TU Vienna
- Siddhartha Sen Princeton
- Jukka Suomela University of Helsinki
- Subash Suri UC Santa Barbara
- Luisa Gargano Università di Salerno
- Adele Rescigno (Chair) Università di Salerno
- Ugo Vaccaro Università di Salerno
- Yang Chen (Submissions) MSR Asia
- Gennaro Cordasco (Publicity) Seconda Univ. di Napoli
- Boaz Patt-Shamir Tel-Aviv University
- Shay Kutten (Chair) Technion
- Ralf Klasing Universite Bordeaux
- Guy Even Tel-Aviv University
- Masafumi Yamashita Kyushu University